Comment on page
Lasso Moderation Overview
Implementation guides for the Lasso Moderation Platform
Lasso's moderation platform is easy to integrate. Below we'll describe the different parts of the platform and how they work and interact with your product.
An overview of the flow through the platform
The flow through the platform works in 3 simple steps:
- 3.Human action: Unfortunately, not all content and users can automatically be moderated. Lasso provides an easy-to-use dashboard where you can easily moderate content that is not automatically picked up by our systems. Human actions in the dashboard are relayed back to your product by a webhook call.
Lasso's Moderation platform only has a few API endpoints and a webhook.
This is the main and most important API endpoint and can be used to send content into the Lasso Moderation platform. All content (text & images) immediately shows up in the dashboard and is automatically checked by our AI and your custom moderation rules.
This endpoint can be used to update users' information in Lasso. This can be used if important information of a user changes without the user posting any new content. Information about the user can be used for customized moderation rules.
Note: We care a lot about our and your user's privacy, so be careful sending personal identifiable information (PII) to our platform.
The user reporting endpoint should be called when your users report another user or a piece of content in your product. These reports will automatically show up in the dashboard and can also be used in custom moderation rules.
Webhooks are used to communicate back to your product. Any action (Lasso's AI, customized moderation rules, or human action) will send back a webhook call to the product with the new status of the content or user. For example, Lasso's AI could automatically remove images containing nudity, in this case, the Lasso platform makes a webhook call to your product letting it know that this content should be removed.
Lasso uses state-of-the-art AI to identify potentially harmful content. All content and users that flow through Lasso are automatically checked and flagged or removed according to settings set by the product.
Custom moderation rules are a big part of Lasso's moderation platform. Rules are collections of conditions with a certain action. For example, flag (action) users that have signed up in the last 3 hours (condition) and have posted more content containing nudity (conditions).
All rules can be fully customized to your product. Every product is different, so we believe every product should be moderated in a different way.
Rules can also be adjusted on the fly, no coding or deployments needed anymore. Incoming content and users will automatically be evaluated to your (updated) rules.
Lasso provides an extensive dashboard where human moderators can easily moderate content and users. Human actions are relayed back to your product by a webhook call. The dashboard consists of:
- Review queue: effectively and efficiently moderate your content
- Rules: customize your automated moderation rules in a simple-to-use interface
- Content overview: see in one overview all content that is flowing through your product
- User overview: get a clear overview of the users and their behavior
- Policies: customize policies according to your user guidelines
- User reports: an overview of all the reports that users have made in your product
- Actions: an overview of all actions taken on content and users
- Analytics: get insight into what's going on in your product and the health of your content and users.